Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friendship is a beautiful thing.

*Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. Please ignore the low quality of these pictures and focus on the message of this post. It's about the message, people. The message.*

When you're down for the count and nothing seems to be going your way...
When sadness seems to be all around and you feel all alone...
Your best friends bring you yellow daffodils.
And they make you chicken soup. From scratch.
They bring you chili-noodles, cupcakes and chicken casserole.
Your best friends come bearing Happy Meals, Sprite and Tylenol.
They offer goat (yes, goat) stew and Twinkies to help you keep up your strength.
They haul their 3 kids out into the dark, icy morning so that you don't have to.
And they even drop what they're doing to drive you to the doctor.
That's what best friends do...

I tried to depict the fact that little yellow flowers DO make the sun shine! It works!
This is Christie's pretty handwriting. It says: "Because some days you need little yellow flowers to remember the sun still shines.". So true.

I put them in another pot. I hope it will continue to bloom!
I am so fortunate and blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life. These are the times I am so very aware of why we must live in Kodiak. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is really sweet! yes there are some good things about Kodiak! ::huggs::

Christie said...

Oh girl, you brought tears to my eyes. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all you girls for loving my sister so much and helping her through! Im glad you are surrounded my these wonderful women, Emily!

Jen said...

:) I don't know how I missed this post.. Just read it.. :) And on a side note- I want Christie to be my friend too.. I'd take a flower in bloom over soup any day.. I didn't even know such things even happened here on Kodiak... Flowers Blooming, really??

Audrey said...

Remember when I told you that I didn't really like Twinkies? Well, I still don't, but somehow the box managed to empty it's contents into my mouth. Your box.
I'm glad you're feeling better now. Poor Joanna looked pitiful last week.