Sunday, September 28, 2008
Well, I made up some new lyrics to it. Here is my debut as a song-writer:
This is the patrol that never ends.
It just goes on and on, my friends!
The Coast Guard sent them on patrol not knowing what it was.
It seems like they'll be underway forever just because...
(Repeat...over and over until you want to bash your head against the wall to end the misery.)
I know, I know...I should keep my day job, right? :) I'm kidding about the bashing of the head, but I'm not kidding about how S-L-O-W this patrol is going. Is it November yet? What? It's not even October yet?? AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Thankfully, Manny Bunny survived his bath and is now fresh and clean and Nate and his best pal are reunited once again. Nate + Manny Bunny = BFF. :)
Ta-da! I haven't had hair this short since I was 1!
I am seriously over the moon about this. Those of you who know Nate, know that we have struggled with haircuts for a while now. I'm not just talking "Aw, mom, I don't wanna get a haircut". I'm talking "DON'T CUT ME MOMMY!" call-911-there's-something-horrible-happening-to-the-child-in-that-apartment haircuts. It's awful. Or it WAS awful. Until my neighbors moved in. :) THANKS, JENN AND DALE!!!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Here's what mine is all about:
1. First name: Emily. This was a picture of "Emily's Embroidery", which I thought was just so me.
2. Favorite food: Mashed potatoes and gravy. Mmmmm...good any day, any time.
3. Where I went to High School: Eureka, CA. This picture of the Carson Mansion popped up, which really has nothing to do with high school, but it's so Eureka. So there.
4. Favorite color: Brick red.
5. My celebrity crush: Okay, I'm a dork. Seriously, my only crush is on my husband. This picture came up and seemed to fit the bill. (I'm telling you. I am totally aware of how cheesy I am.)
6. Favorite drink: A big, tall, ice cold glass of freshly brewed iced tea. With lemon and artificial sweetener, thank you very much.
7. Dream vacation: Vegas, baby. 5-star all the way.
8. Favorite dessert: A fat slice of coconut cream pie. I'm drooling right at this very moment...
9. What I want to be when I grow up: Well, quite frankly, I still want to finish court reporting school someday.
10. What I love most in life: My family. Can I get an "Awwwwww" up in here???
11. One word to describe me: Eccentric. This picture sums up how I feel sometimes. I'm the lone green colored pencil in a sea of pink ones...what that means, I haven't a clue.
12. My favorite animal or my "flickr" name: Well, I don't have a favorite animal or a "flickr" account, but if I did have a "flickr" account name, it would be "ecamagna" as are all of my screen/account names. I searched for just "camagna", because clearly "ecamagna" would most likely not net me any results, and a bunch of pictures from Italy came up, specifically ones from the region my family comes from, which is Piemonte. So I picked one. Yay.
So, if you want to make one of these for yourself (it was loads of fun and insightful), simply go to http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php and choose 3 columns by 4 rows. In another window, open up http://www.flickr.com/ and start searching for the word that answers all of the above questions for yourself. Try to pick a picture from the first page, then click on it. Cut and paste the web address for that picture into the mosaic page, and voila! Your own personalized mosaic to share with the world. Or not. But you should. Because we like you. :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
This morning, I took my camera into her bedroom to capture her reaction to the fortune under her pillow...
And there you have it! My first child lost her first tooth. Don't count on the Kodiak tooth fairy to be so generous next time, kid. (Note to self: get some change.)
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Joanna has a friend in her class that she also knew at Miss Audrey's preschool. Her dad is deployed right now, too, and her mom works in the mornings, so I told her that Jocelyn could come over in the mornings and I would take her to school with us. She's a really nice little girl, and I'm happy to do her mom a favor, but let me tell you...5:00 a.m. comes really early! I actually am glad to have a reason to get up and motivated so early. This way there's no rushing around at 7:40 when it's time to leave for school.
Here are some pictures of Nate's first day of preschool:
Jocelyn, Joanna and Nate Lookin good, Nate!
At Miss Toni's house!
Playdoh at school?? This is my kind of place!
While the kids were in school, I took the opportunity to go work out at the gym. I had some fellow CG girls with me and we had lots of fun (well, "fun" is a relative term, I guess. I had as much fun as one can have at the gym)! My arms are sore this morning, though. I'm going again tomorrow. I'm going to make it a M-W-F morning thing.
After the kids got home from school, I took Joanna into town to try out for a production of "Annie" that the local theater group is putting on. I was nervous, and I almost didn't even take her (I know, poopy of me) because I have just been feeling so anxious about all the new schedule changes we've had. I didn't (well, I still don't) know if I have it in me to add play rehearsals into the mix several times a week! Anyway, she really wanted to try out, so I figured what the heck. I took her and...WOW! She did AWESOME!!! I am so proud of her!! They got up on stage and learned a little dance routine, and when she came back to sit down before her turn to actually try out, she looked a little pale and had her arms crossed. I told her that she didn't have to do this, and this was suppposed to be a fun thing and that I wouldn't be disappointed or upset if she didn't want to do it. She assured me that she was ready and wanted to do it, so when her name was called to go up, she went. She was the littlest one on stage! They tried out in groups of six, and I forget sometimes how small she really is...she's a peanut next to 3rd and 4th graders! Anyway, she NAILED this audition, let me tell you. She sang every note on tune, she danced her little heart out, and she cracked up the audience when she yelled "I LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN!!" with her cute little sassy face (can you picture it??). I was so proud of her...I couldn't stop smiling for an hour after we left. Even if she doesn't get a part, I am just so proud that she had the guts to get up there and sing and dance in front of total strangers. What a kid. :) Actually, I should say what kidS. With Nate's perfectly circled baby animals and Joanna's attempt at the stage, I am just as proud as a mother hen could possibly be. :)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Sweet. I'm going to totally have to try this place. :) (For those of you that are unaware, the "Joe's" chain of restaurants in the SF Bay area are a Camagna family favorite.) I can't believe they have one in Japan! (I like the fact that you can see Jake's reflection in the door, too.)
This is very Jake. :) Of all the exotic beverages to choose from, he picks Coke. I love it (and him)! I'm smiling right now just thinking about this.