Monday, April 14, 2008

My childhood fantasy birthday

So, I turned 32 on April 4th. The celebration started with a birthday trip to the movies in Gig Harbor with Jake's mom, brother Chuck and the kids. We went to see "Horton Hears a Who" which ended up being much better than I thought it was going to be. It was really silly and cute. Mari got us each a large popcorn and a soda...which was a good thing, because Nate dropped his popcorn 5 minutes into the movie. Believe me, there was plenty of extra popcorn to go around. :) Then we topped it off with my favorite pizza of all times, Round Table Maui Zowee. It was a good day.


My mom and dad bought tickets to the ballet in Seattle as my birthday gift. So, the Saturday after my birthday my mom drove down to Gig Harbor and picked Joanna and I up and took us over to the city for "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the Pacific Northwest Ballet. The music was amazing and the ballet was wonderful, too. Now, I read quite a bit of Shakespeare in the past, but for some reason "Midsummer" was not one of them. The story was coreographed to some Mendelssohn music and was funny and very entertaining. Joanna LOVED it, of course. We ate at Cheesecake Factory before the show, too, which was delicious! The whole day was an amazing treat! I told someone...I forget who...that with "Horton Hears a Who", pizza and the ballet, I felt like I had turned 5 all over again! It was just what this 32-year-old needed.



No comments: