Sunday, August 2, 2009

My son...he's 4 going on 6???

So, Nate has always been tall for his age. He was born tall and was a tall toddler. When he was 1 he wore a size 2T. When he was 3 he wore a 5T and now at the ripe old age of 4, he's - you guessed it - wearing a size 6!!! I went shopping in Anchorage with my friend Toni last week, and really thought about the stuff I was buying for Nate. His size 5 stuff is really getting short on him, but could he possibly be into a size 6? I bought it despite my doubts, and I'm so glad I went with my gut! When I brought home his clothes and had him try them on, the size 6 slim jeans fit him perfectly!! I'll repeat. He's 4 and size 6 slim jeans fit him perfectly.

He has the same size feet as Joanna.

I had someone ask me last week, "So, which one is your oldest?"...um...Joanna is. DUH!!! I've recently had people ask me if they're twins. Nope. I even had someone give me a snarky look during one of Nate's less pleasant moments and say, "He's a little bit OLD to be acting like that, isn't he?". HE'S 4, PEOPLE!!!

Then, to put the icing on the cake, the dentist told me during his check-up this past week, that one of his bottom teeth is loose. I about hit the floor. Excuse me, Ms. Dentist? Ms. Professional who I believe to be an expert in such matters?? Could you have possibly just told me that my 4-year old son has a loose tooth??? Yes, indeed. I heard her correctly about that fine revelation as well as the discovery of his 6-year old molars trying to poke their way through the back of his 4-year old gums.

Okay, whoa. Whoa, horsie. WHOA NELLIE!!! Who gave this child permission to be 4 going on 6?? What part of his cute, 4-year old brain is not getting the memos from me saying "HE'S NOT 6!!! HE'S ONLY 4!!!" It's crazy. Insanity, I tell you. I need to call the NBA right away and insist they get a talant scout over to my house pronto to discuss his future contract with the L.A. Lakers. Too bad I don't want to live in L.A. It's also unfortunate that I'm not a professional basketball fan. :)

No comments: