Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have to tell you about the day I had.

Because, if I don't write it down, my head might explode!

I woke up (6:30...was having a dream that I was in the show "Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian take Miami").
Got the kids up.
Got them ready for school.
Took Joanna and her friend to school (Nate went too.)
Came home.
Took Nate to school.
Went and picked up my co-ombudsman.
Went to Admin and attempted to get some information.
Mission failed.
Took co-ombudsman home.
Went to Joanna's school and helped with reading groups for an hour.
Came home.
Went to get Nate from school.
Came home.
Talked to Sarah on phone.
Wrote some emails regarding failed mission.
Got an offer on our house.
Talked on the phone regarding offer on house.
Got an email from agent with offer papers attached.
Printed it out (21 pages).
Managed to make a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. (One of the highlights of my day, I must say.)
Called Ms. Audrey to see if she had found Manny Bunny (you knew he had to be involved in my busiest day of all times, right?). She had. He was hiding in the little people barn.
Neighbor Jen called and I told her the boys could come over while she went to the doctor.
Joanna came home.
Joanna and Nate went outside with the neighbor girl from upstairs.
Brought bikes up from the basement for all children who were going outside.
Called real estate agent. Went over offer.
Signed where I was supposed to sign. I signed for Jake too. I have POA. It was weird.
Joanna and Nate came in.
Neighbor boys came over.
Neighbor girl came over.
Movie went on the tv (Monsters vs. Aliens).
Kids were good.
Started to fax 21 page offer back to real estate agent.
Doorbell rang.
Was neighbor across the street who has a teenage daughter I might have babysit the kids. Came to meet them.
6 kids still watching movie.
Talked with neighbor and daughter (her littler daughter also came over and started watching the movie while we talked.)
Neighbor left.
Littler daughter stayed to finish watching the movie.
7 kids watching movie. They were good.
Cracked open a Diet Cherry Pepsi.
Doorbell rang.
Was Audrey and her friend with Manny Bunny.
Told Audrey's friend step-by-step how to make ravioli.
Movie was over.
Kids got rowdy.
Told kids who were not being baby-sat by me to go home. (No, really. Those were my exact words.)
2 kids went home.
Audrey and friend left. Manny Bunny stayed. I think. Who knows with him, though.
Neighbor boys played.
Talked to co-ombudsman on phone about failed mission.
Threw pizza in the oven while I talked on the phone.
Neighbor boys went home.
Ate some pizza with (my) kids.
Helped Joanna with homework.
Threw kids in shower. Have two showers. One kid in each shower. At the same time.
Helped kids get ready for bed.
Read with kids. Joanna read to us.
Goodnight, precious children. Sleep tight.
Now I am going to put my pajamas on and go watch Top Chef. Then I will go to sleep so that I can wake up and start all over again!
Zzzzzzz.....

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh my gosh Emily! I, the self pronounced sloth, should never, ever complain again about any of my busy days. And how dare Manny Bunny contribute to it!!! He looks so innocent with his rubbed fur and long ears, but he's tricky like that.
I don't know why, but "cracked open a Diet Cherry Pepsi" made me laugh really hard. I think it's because I pictured you frazzled when you were doing it, lol!!!
Oh, and the "go home" part was classic! I'm sorry for any of your other readers who missed it, actually.

Kim said...

Wow, that is a busy day. That is awesome about your house. I hope it all works out for you. I would have lost my marbles on a day like that!!

Annie & Mark said...

LOL, the failed mission! You got that right! Still hoping we get that info before the ship returns.

Melissa said...

That's a really busy day. I applaud you for writting it all down that would scare me! See you tonight

MGarris said...

Aren't you so glad that you are a "Very Busy Barbie" Sure beat, sitting home feeling sorry for yourself. Hang in there, you're doing good.

Maybe you should tie a leash on Manny. He's become quite the trouble maker.

You sold your house??