Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back to bloggin'!

So, yeah...got a little busy over the holidays and honestly didn't have much interest in blogging for a while.  I don't even know who reads this thing anymore, but now that a certain someone will be relying on this for updates on how his children and wife are doing, I am going to start up again.  You're welcome. 

I was laughing earlier, because a certain phrase keeps popping into my head and out of my mouth or onto my computer keyboard tonight.  First, I thought to myself, "I'm SOOOOO glad that the Vikings lost to the Saints today!".  Then, in my nightly email to Jake, I wrote, "I'm SOOOO glad this is our last patrol!".  And last but certainly not least, when I finally got a moment to myself and was enjoying a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (which, by the way are low fat AND only cost a measly 2 WW points) I thought to myself, "I'm SOOOO glad that someone invented these Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!". 

SOOOO, in honor of all the things I have to be SOOOO grateful and happy for (is that annoying yet?  I'll stop.  You get the point, right?)  I will now bore you with a list of things that fall into that category.  I need this right now, so hang with me, okay?

I'll start the list with a recap:

The Vikings are NOT going to the Superbowl!  HA!
I never have to go through pre-deployment syndrome again in Kodiak, AK while stationed on the Munro!!  I did it!  I've reached the end!!  The significance of that is mind-boggling to me right now.  I will have to spend some more time processing that later, I think.
Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches really are the best thing to ever be invented.  Really.
My daughter is turning 7 tomorrow!  What is up with that, anyway?
My bed is super comfy and I can't wait to crawl into it in about 5 minutes from now.
I'm ready to get orders and find out where the heck we're going in June.
Ferry reservations are made and we're OUTTA here on June 15!!
Don't think it's fair that I can't take people with me when I move.  I want to keep everyone forever!!

I guess that's it for now.  I had a very busy, tiring day, and I am going to bed.  So, watch for more frequent updates from me...like tomorrow when I'll tell you all about Joanna's 7th birthday.  Later, gators!!

2 comments:

Marian said...

I'm SOOO glad you updated your blog, and yes I still check it. Oh and I'm SOOOO glad you'll be out of Alaska soon!

Jen said...

I still read it too.. And am very happy you updated it.. But I am NOT very happy you'll be out of ALASKA soon.. L A M E