Friday, May 9, 2008

Bye bye, Lower 48 (and Happy Birthday, Nate)!

We're leaving this afternoon to head down to Seattle for some last minute fun (with some practicality mixed in) before we head back to Kodiak tomorrow morning. The fun part will be celebrating Nate's birthday dinner at Red Robin, his favorite place to eat. I can't believe he's 3! I told Margaret that it seems like forever ago that we were living in Ferndale, but it was only 3 years ago! Then, when I look at my sweet little son it seems like 3 seconds ago that he was just a teeny, tiny little baby. Then I also thought about the fact that we've moved 3 times in 3 years, but that's another story. The practical part of our trip will be stopping by the mall and Target one last time for some a last minute exchange and some new rubber boots for the birthday boy. His boots fit him until yesterday, I swear. Now all of a sudden they're too small and have a hole in the top of one, and from what I've been hearing, those will be his most precious article of clothing up in Kodiak. We'll spend the night in a hotel by the airport and we'll be on our way bright and early tomorrow! I'll see all you Kodiakers tomorrow evening! (Hopefully the weather will cooperate.)

No comments: