Friday, August 15, 2008

Trip update

We're in Hermiston, OR right now visiting with Jake's mom's side of the family. For those that are unaware, Jake's mom is the oldest of 10. Yes, 10. I love Jake's family. They are so fun and full of excitement (read: drama). I'm kidding (sorta). They really are a fun family and I love them all very much. The weather is HOT, HOT, HOT right now. It definitely is over 100 degrees, which is fine with me. I feel like I'm really getting some summer! I will admit, though, that I prefer Western Washington temps to this. But hey, there's nothing like a swealtering summer day and a Hermiston watermelon to go with it! :) We will be celebrating Jake's grandma's 75th birthday on Sunday with a big party, complete with huge tents and all! It will be fun. We'll be back in Gig Harbor on Monday and then it's back to Kodiak on Sunday the 24th.

In other news, I have something exciting to share! I am going to be traveling to Japan early this fall! (I can't give specific dates because I don't want to violate the "Loose Lips Sink Ships" policy.) Someone from the ship is putting together a trip over there to meet up with the Munro when it pulls in! The details just emerged the other day, and when Mari Garris (my wonderful mother-in-law) said she'd come to Kodiak to babysit so that I could go...well, I JUMPED on it! I told myself when we first found out about this whole Alaksa/big ship thing last year, that I was going to take full advantage of any unique opportunities that came my way, and I think this definitely qualifies! I'm totally thrilled about the whole thing!

I guess that's all for now. The conspicuous lack of pictures is because when I download them from my camera to Mari's computer, they get put in some mysterious secret file that can never be found again. So I gave up trying. I'll post pictures when I get home to Kodiak.

Ciao for now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy S! That is the greatest thing Ive ever heard!!! Japan!!! You rule and Im so excited for you!!! Great news! Great great news!