Monday, March 3, 2008

My love/hate relationship

Yes. I confess that I am in an unstable and volitile relationship. Love/Hate, thy name is Kodiak. I need an intervention. Yesterday. Today was one of "those" days, and it is such a fast-paced rollercoaster. One second I'm staring at literally probably 25 eagles in the trees. The next second I'm back in disheveled Kodiak town being jolted out of my reverie by monsterous pot holes 3 feet wide. Only 2 1/2 years left, wheee! Let's talk about the eagles, shall we?

Here are some photos I took this morning on our way into town to the library. This is on the road to town near the fish processing plants. The eagles sit in these trees hoping they might get some lunch from the leftovers at the processing plants. I love driving into town and seeing 12 eagles in one tree and 15 in the next...it's amazing. A once-in-a-lifetime experience. I won't even go into to the "hate" part...I'll leave this on a positive note. :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi emily, hope you dont mind me checking out your blog..im so interested in whats going on in kodiak already. those pics of the eagles are so amazing! i cant belive they are everywhere like that! what a thing to see!