Friday, February 29, 2008

The Great Wall

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted. It's been a rough week. Dealing with a 2 1/2 year old boy can be tiring, doncha know! Also, I am just SO ready for spring, which thankfully is on it's way. So, I don't know if I told you, but I've been hemming and hawing for weeks now about wanting to paint a wall in my dining room. Military housing is always starch white, and no matter how I try to add color to the house, the white walls just seem to swallow it up. It was downright depressing...and I clearly don't need depressing. SO! Today I was in town, I stopped at the hardware store and bought a gallon of green paint. (!) I came home, put Star Wars Episode 4 on for the kids and got straight to work. The results are...well I just can't describe my joy. It looks AWESOME!! I can't believe I ever thought about NOT doing it. It makes such a difference...saying that doesn't even do it justice. I just can't stop looking at it. I love it. Love it, LOVE IT!! The proof is in the pudding...take a look!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, You are my inspiration! I want a wall like yours! I love you so much and hang in there! this will be over at one point and you will be back in the lower 48 and all will be well!!! It WILL come! And then we can be together with our children laughing at them and chuckling over them fighting about who can say "I got second place!" Oh and teaching them to sing with us!! I love you so much sissy!!!