Saturday, July 5, 2008

I think I've moved on.

I was pretty traumatized (as you clearly could tell) by that icky day last week and just haven't really done anything exciting enough to blog about. BUT BUT BUT....today something happened that is definitely worth shouting from the tallest mountain! Nate went poop on the toilet!!! This is huge. Really huge. I see diaper/pull-up free days in my future! I am really proud of him. He got the blue light saber that Jake bought as an incentive for him to want to go. I'm so excited!!

Okay, and as far as that horrible day last week...I had another couple bad ones, but I've moved on at this point. We had a fun 4th of July, even though (as Graham says) "The sun is not home". It's been pouring for a few days now, but I've managed to avoid the rainy day doldrums. Our new neighbors across the hall had us over for an indoor celebration yesterday. The guys grilled steaks and chicken on the BBQ under the awning out front and the kids decorated red, white and blue cupcakes and made little "sparklers" with pretzles, melted white chocolate and colored sprinkles. It was fun, and I think we're really going to like living across the hall from them. It's weird because they were in Eureka and Port Angeles the same times that we were! She told me that Carl's Diner was her favorite and that she used to go in there all the time! Isn't that amazing? Small world.

We went to the dentist on Thursday and we all got check-ups. Nate let the dentist look in his mouth, but wouldn't let her touch his teeth. He did let the hygenist give him some flouride foam, although, I think that was only because she let him press the buttons to move the chair and squirt the water. Joanna was a champ, of course. She was inducted into the "No Cavity Club" and was informed that one of her bottom teeth is loose. What?? Crazy. The dentist told me it probably won't be in her kindergarten picture. Too bad I couldn't get into the No Cavity Club. I have one - blah - but at least my gums got good reviews.

I guess that's all we've been up to. See?? I told you it was boring. HA! I will leave you with some pictures of Nate with his new blue light saber that he got tonight for pooping on the toilet.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Esparanza is posing while she fights brother with the sword...darling. She's so tall and so is brud! How great they are! Em..your house looks great! Love the houseplants and decor! GN!
Can't wait to see you soon!