Thursday, July 17, 2008

What we've been up to

So...not really anything too exciting to report, but I'll bore you with the details anyway. :P Jake is leaving in a few days, so we're just trying to soak up as much family time as we can. I think we've come to a good compromise with this whole icky Silverfish situation. For those that aren't aware, our apartment building has become infested with these nasty little bugs called Silverfish. Housing wanted to fog the entire building ASAP with this stuff that the exterminator told us would leave "an oily film" on every single surface in the entire place. That would have meant a TON of work for us (or me if we opted to wait until after Jake left and I came back from vacation), and (call me a hippie, I don't care) I did not feel comfortable with that crap getting into EVERYTHING we come into contact with on a daily basis (mattresses, toys, carpet, couches, clothing...good lord I'm feeling a panic attack coming on just thinking about it...breathe). *sigh* So, I called the exterminator and told him I needed another option. I (well, we) just have too much going on right now and I didn't think I could handle something so incredibly invasive at this point in my life. He was very understanding and said he could just come in with a spray wand and go around the perimeter of our house with some spray. This won't endanger any of our personal belongings (or health, hopefully) and won't totally contaminate our environment as much...I mean it's still chemicals, but they'll do it while I'm gone, and by the time I get back, I'm sure most of it will have dissapated. Plus, we can't live with the Silverfish. This is gross, but we had one in our bed the other night, and I caught one crawling up my leg this morning!!!! EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!! Anyway, I think this is the best way to deal with the situation.
Hmmm...what else is going on...the weather has been decent. We went to the park today and took a walk down to the Exchange. My neighbors across the hall offered to watch the kids tomorrow night so Jake and I can go out and see a movie and have dinner. Yay!! In exchange, I am watching her boys (they are SUCH nice kids) tomorrow morning while she goes to the doctor. Yup...that is seriously about it. I haven't taken any pictures lately, so sorry for that. I have to go buy a gallon of milk now. I have 3 boys coming over tomorrow morning that will probably want cereal for breakfast. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats gross