Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!

We're leaving for Washington tomorrow! It's always a mixed bag for me. I hate packing. I'm a procrastinator, too, which is a horrible thing to be when you're leaving for a month-long trip in less than 24 hours. Yes, my laundry is (mostly) done. Yes, we've eaten almost every random thing out of the fridge that would have spoiled (we had mini cheese pizzas for breakfast). Yes, I've electronically checked in for our flight. Have I been downstairs to get the suitcases yet? No. Have I gone through the piles of folded laundry to seperate what I need to pack from what I don't? No. What am I doing right now? Goofing around on my blog. *sigh* I want to go. I really do. I am SO excited to meet Faith Olive!! YAY, tomorrow!! I love Sequim and Gig Harbor. I can't wait to shop! Do I dare assume there will be some sun and temps over 57 degrees? Of course it also goes without saying that I ADORE my family - both sides - to no end! So, why am I goofing off on here rather than rushing around excitedly throwing my stuff into suitcases? I guess it's because these trips kind of make me feel homeless. That's weird, because I'm going "home", right? Or is Kodiak my home? My stuff is here. I like that. My husband is not here. I (really) don't like that. Does any of this make any sense to anyone?? Heck, it hardly makes any sense to me, and while I sit here and ramble, a tiny spark of panic is starting to flicker in the back of my brain about how much stuff needs to be done today. So, I'll see you tomorrow, everyone, and the next time I write it will be amidst family and not depressing Kodiak (despite my lack of stuff and husband) and that, ultimately, is the point of this whole thing.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Girl,
You know I understand! It makes perfect sense to me :) I cant wait for you to get down this way...so, get packin'!