Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fun in the Kodiak sun!!

So, it's been pretty nice around these parts lately!! It was a much needed break from the doom and gloom. My neighbor and I got some crazy (not good crazy, either) news about the Munro's patrol, and with the weather being so icky, well, let's just say we NEEDED this sunshine. I had been feeling like I was living that movie "Groundhog Day", too. It just seemed like every day was the same. Same alarm going off at the same time, same apartment, same routine, same gray skies, SAME, SAME, SAME!!! Same = Lame. I felt like grabbing the kids and jumping the next plane to Timbucktoo and not even packing a suitcase.

The very next day after I was ready to jump on a plane to Tumbucktoo, we had gorgeous sun and no wind! Jen knocked on my door and said, "Wanna go to the beach?". Boy, did I!! We packed up and headed out. It was so refreshing and invigorating! The kids played and I soaked up as much vitamin D as my poor deprived body could absorb. It was great, and I don't even mind that I'm still sweeping up sand from various places. :) Here are some pictures of the fun!

Are they alive??

Ian and Nate
Sandcastle fun

The crew
Run free, children (and Kona dog)! Run free!

"This rock is NOT comfy!" (Direct quote from Joanna.)
All of us
Me and Nate
Nate and Caleb
Pretty girl
I'm sure you can see why I say I'm still sweeping sand up from various places.

1 comment:

Auntie said...

This reminds me of the beack days we would have growing up! Nate and jo look like us