Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tap-Tap-Tap...Anybody out there?

Hello. My name is Emily Garris. Remember me? I lived on a remote island in Alaska for 3 years and thought my somewhat daily ramblings were important and exciting enough to write about and publish here on this blog. Starting to sound familiar? I went to a hearing test on a military aircraft during a volcanic eruption...endured blizzard after blizzard...couldn't wait to leave...

Well, I left. It's 2011, people! I no longer live on that remote island in Alaska. I live in the SF Bay Area in California, and guess what? We quite possibly might be moving AGAIN in 2011! That, folks is what has inspired me to start writing again. Because, the name of this blog is the Garris Family ADVENTURE, right? Not the Garris Family ALASKAN Adventure. Sure, Alaska was interesting and exciting. The SF Bay Area? Not so much. I go to Trader Joe's and Old Navy on a semi-regular basis. No volcanos or blizzards here, and my ear doctor is just a short drive across town. Despite the total 180 degree turn my life has taken from living in rural Alaska to living in urban (okay, maybe suburban) San Francisco Bay Area, I realized yesterday that just because Alaska is over doesn't mean our adventure is. So, here I am. Telling you all that you might want to stay tuned. 2011 is going to be an interesting year.

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope your 2011 adventure is filled with love and happiness!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You're back! Hallelujah! Did Jake make the cut? Are you putting Kodiak at the top?