Friday, January 9, 2009

Sledding on "Killer Hill"

So, last night it snowed. After our dentist appointments, the kids were begging to play in it, so we suited up and ventured out with our neighbors to this place called "Killer Hill". I had heard of it before, but it's pretty infamous for bigger kids riding BMX bikes for thrills, so I've avoided it until today. It was 12:30 and we figured all the big kids were still in school, so we headed out. It's just a short walk from our house.

Well, "Killer Hill" did indeed turn out to be pretty killer, man. Jen went to the top (which was no small feat!) and helped the kids climb up, while I stayed at the bottom and took pictures as the kids came flying down...and boy did they fly. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. My pick for best run of the day was when Shane and Joanna had paired up to go down together. They each had one foot on and were just about to sit down and get ready to go when the sled started sliding...they each had a split second to decide whether to abort mission or just go for it. Well, they both hopped on and because they didn't have time to aim the sled, it went all crazy and they went FLYING roller coaster style down all these crazy curves and turns...it was HILLARIOUS! When they finally came to a stop, Joanna jumped up and yelled "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!". Maybe you had to be there, but I'm laughing just thinking about it. Anyway, here are some pictures of our first sledding adventure of the season...I can only hope there are a lot more to come. :)
Nate shredding down "Killer Hill"
Joanna immediately after her "AWESOME" run
The cutest neighbors I know
Don't Joanna's feet look HUGE in this picture?
Oh, Nate. Do you want to go home? Okay, well then brush off and get back into the game, man.
See? Sledding is fun (except when you get snow in your face, I guess)!

3 comments:

Jen said...

It was really fun.. and I am glad I sucked it up and went.. ;) If it hasn't all turned to ice by Monday we should do it again around 1ish.. It will be incentive for my boys to get their work done.. Thanks for sharing in a fun day with me and the kiddos..

Unknown said...

OMGosh that looks like it was way too fun. When is Benji gonna be old enough to go with you guys and have fun too. I'm jealous! hehe

The pic of Nate is priceless and Joanna with her eyelids frosted. TOO cute!!

Audrey said...

I want to go sledding again. Call me the next time you go. I'll probably only have the energy to climb to the top once, but I still want to go.