Sunday, January 11, 2009

Valances

So, here are the valances I made for my windows. Do you see what I meant when I said they make that wall look even whiter? I am definitely going to take down Ansel Adams and find another, more colorful picture to put in between the two windows, but what would really make me happy is to paint the wall. I know this is crazy. I know this is a stupid idea. It's military housing. I'll have to paint it back when we move in 1.5 years. It's HUGE wall with lots of areas to tape off. I realize this. I am fully aware of all the reasons painting this wall is a very stupid idea. I still want it painted, though. I told Jake that when they go underway again, to please email me once a day and tell me what a stupid, lame idea it is to paint that wall. Thank you very much. Now, this one in the dining room looks better, and it's because of my green wall. The wall that brightens my life every time I look at it. The wall that makes my world a better place just because of it's very existance. Thank you, green wall. Thank you very much for all that you do to make my world a better place.
Anyway, so that's what I've been up to the past few days. Now on to the turning-20 quilt that Audrey is going to help me make! :)

4 comments:

Christie said...

I love the "happy" fabric...and, umm, I think painting the wall is not that lame...heck, life is short. I say go for it!

Jen said...

Ahhh, the "happy" green wall.. Every time you open your door, I smile.. It's a magical wall indeed.. And the valances look awesome.. Where's mine?? And if you reallllllly want to paint that wall, I'll help you..It just means I get to stare that much longer at your green wall... And I say- hire someone to re-paint it before you move..

Audrey said...

You're absolutely right! The valance in the dining room is fabulous, and the valance in the living room is fabulous but makes your wall look like... snow.
What? You want my advice? Ok, well if I weren't lazy (which I am), I would paint that wall. Bribe Jake. You need another happy wall. Your happy wall makes me want a happy wall, but like I said, lazy.

Unknown said...

i love the valances, so cute!!

i'll help you paint the wall too... i always wanted to paint in our place, but its too dark in here anyway that i dont think it would matter. but your place is definetly so bright all the time when i visit, so lets paint!! hehe and i'll help you paint it back white too, since i'll be here when you have to do that as well!