Friday, January 9, 2009

I've been neglectful again.

I've been busy, but not so busy that I haven't had time to post. I don't know why, but I feel pressure to always put pictures on here, which takes time, which I don't always have, and so then I end up not posting at all. Lame. So, I'm going to try to post more, even if I don't always have time to put up pictures to go with it. So there.

Last night we had some snow. I have mixed feelings about it. I have to admit that I wasn't sad about having none. To me, each day that there was none meant one less day into the future that we had some. Does that make any sense? On the other hand, it is nice to have some for the kids to play in. It's been so cold that the kids haven't had a chance to play outside hardly at all, which is bad. So, anyway, we got some. Not the "blizzard" that they freaked out about yesterday afternoon, but enough for a good snowball fight and a snowman.

This morning I have to take the kids to the dentist. Our dentist is more like a friend of mine, and that is just so Kodiak. Her daughter was also in "Annie" with Joanna, and I got to know her on a personal level during the many long rehearsals. I just hope that Nate will let her actually let her look in his mouth this time around.

There's not too much going on around here, really. Just the normal day-to-day stuff that keeps us all busy. I discovered a fabric store here in town that I just LOVE. She has the most wonderful, inspiring fabrics! I got some fabric last week and have been working on some valances for my windows in my dining/living room. I finished the one for the big window in the living room and Jake hung it for me. I like it, but it made the wall behind it look even whiter. Now I feel like painting the wall. Ugh. I think I'll just try to find a new picture to hang instead before I do that, though. I have to draw the line somewhere. It's military housing, not my forever house in Poulsbo/Port Orchard/Gig Harbor, right???

Well, I have to get going. The morning calls. :)

2 comments:

Christie said...

Oooh, so glad that you posted. Don't worry about not having pics. Sometimes its more "real" without pics. This should be a "no worries" zone, for sure. Just share your wonderful story :)

Anonymous said...

Valances, Emilia!? Fo shiz!??! You are amazing. Not only do you carry on our family legacy with your ravioli skills, you also sew costumes for Halloween AND VALANCES!!! Emily Camagna Garris ROCKS!!