Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The tooth fell out!!

Joanna lost her first tooth last night! She was eating some cereal for dinner (um, yeah...my husband is out on a ship for 4 months. My kids eat cereal for dinner...every other day, okay?) and it popped right out! No pliers, loops of dental floss tied to a door knob or shots of beer, thank you very much. Just some plain ol' patience...and the fact that I was grossed out and couldn't look at it. :) Anyway, the very generous Kodiak tooth ferry (ahem - Gig Harbor tooth fairy...) left Joanna a whopping $5, which, coincidentally just happens to be the exact amount of money I had in my wallet last night....hmmm...how about that, now. I guess the Kodiak tooth fairy doesn't know how to make change. Let's look at the cuteness that ensued, shall we?


This morning, I took my camera into her bedroom to capture her reaction to the fortune under her pillow...

And there you have it! My first child lost her first tooth. Don't count on the Kodiak tooth fairy to be so generous next time, kid. (Note to self: get some change.)

3 comments:

Jen said...

The last two pictures of her finding the "tooth fairy" JACKPOT are CLASSIC and ADORABLE!!

Marian said...

I understand about not being able to look at the loose tooth. My students love to wiggle their loose ones, it gives me the willies!

Christie said...

Do you think we could hire the same tooth fairy when Graham loses a tooth? Love it! Love you guys :)