Sunday, September 14, 2008

My mosaic

My neighbor, Jenn, made one of these for her blog, and was kind enough to include instructions on how to make one of my own! I thought hers was so cool (as is she), so I had to try it! I'll include the instructions with mine, too, so we can just spread the personalized mosaic love throughout the blogosphere!

Here's what mine is all about:

1. First name: Emily. This was a picture of "Emily's Embroidery", which I thought was just so me.
2. Favorite food: Mashed potatoes and gravy. Mmmmm...good any day, any time.
3. Where I went to High School: Eureka, CA. This picture of the Carson Mansion popped up, which really has nothing to do with high school, but it's so Eureka. So there.
4. Favorite color: Brick red.
5. My celebrity crush: Okay, I'm a dork. Seriously, my only crush is on my husband. This picture came up and seemed to fit the bill. (I'm telling you. I am totally aware of how cheesy I am.)
6. Favorite drink: A big, tall, ice cold glass of freshly brewed iced tea. With lemon and artificial sweetener, thank you very much.
7. Dream vacation: Vegas, baby. 5-star all the way.
8. Favorite dessert: A fat slice of coconut cream pie. I'm drooling right at this very moment...
9. What I want to be when I grow up: Well, quite frankly, I still want to finish court reporting school someday.
10. What I love most in life: My family. Can I get an "Awwwwww" up in here???
11. One word to describe me: Eccentric. This picture sums up how I feel sometimes. I'm the lone green colored pencil in a sea of pink ones...what that means, I haven't a clue.
12. My favorite animal or my "flickr" name: Well, I don't have a favorite animal or a "flickr" account, but if I did have a "flickr" account name, it would be "ecamagna" as are all of my screen/account names. I searched for just "camagna", because clearly "ecamagna" would most likely not net me any results, and a bunch of pictures from Italy came up, specifically ones from the region my family comes from, which is Piemonte. So I picked one. Yay.

So, if you want to make one of these for yourself (it was loads of fun and insightful), simply go to http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php and choose 3 columns by 4 rows. In another window, open up http://www.flickr.com/ and start searching for the word that answers all of the above questions for yourself. Try to pick a picture from the first page, then click on it. Cut and paste the web address for that picture into the mosaic page, and voila! Your own personalized mosaic to share with the world. Or not. But you should. Because we like you. :)

3 comments:

Marian said...

So, I made a mosaic too. If my brother ever responds to my messages and adds you to the family blog you can check it out!

Jen said...

Sweeeeetttt... I am glad you did it.. It's fun to learn the little things about the best neighbor in the world.. :P No seriously- you are.. Love the Mosaic and totally awwwwwed when you said the only crush you had was for your hubby. See ya' tomorrow..

Unknown said...

wow that is such a neat idea, thanks for sharing! i cant wait to do one! what a neat way to learn about our friends!