Thursday, September 18, 2008

Manny Bunny fell into a mud puddle

So, Manny Bunny and Nate are bestest buddies. Manny Bunny goes everywhere Nate goes. Manny Bunny = Nate. Today, Manny Bunny went with us to take Joanna to school (as he usually does), and while Nate was getting out of the car, Manny Bunny fell into a mud puddle. It happened in slow motion....NOOOOOOOO....I dove for Manny Bunny, but I was too slow (typical) and couldn't save him. Nate was devastated, naturally. After we got home, I took Manny Bunny directly to the laundry room for a bath. I washed all 3 blankies and Bear and Camper, too, while I was at it. Nate refused to leave Manny Bunny while he was in the washer. He insisted on sitting in front of it; watched Manny Bunny get his bath, and gave me a play-by-play of what was going on. "Mommy! I saw his tail! Mommy! I see his belly! Mommy! I saw his ear and foot!" It was so cute, I had to take pictures.


Thankfully, Manny Bunny survived his bath and is now fresh and clean and Nate and his best pal are reunited once again. Nate + Manny Bunny = BFF. :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is beyond cute. I love the last picture. It's like he had lost where and what cycle Manny Bunny was one and was franticly trying to find him in the midst of the spinning and rinsing..

Christie said...

Oh my gosh, Nate's hair is so darn cute!!! I get a big perma-smile looking at him watching Manny Bunny take one for the team in the washing machine! Hilarious! Glad, Manny is safe :)

Unknown said...

Manny Bunny, we love you!! Glad you are all clean and safe for Nate! lol P.s. thanks for looking out for Benji!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, those pictures are priceless..that's my Nate!!
-Ms. Toni