Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yesterday's recap (mother's pride)

Now that I'm refreshed (sorta) and have some time on my hands (sorta), I have some pictures to share of Nate's first day of preschool yesterday. While Joanna chose to get all gussied up in her first-day-of-school-finest, Nate chose his trusty Star Wars t-shirt and Spiderman ball cap. He did wear new jeans, though. :) His Daddy would be so proud. He did really well in class, too. Toni, his teacher told me that they did a little worksheet about mama and baby animals. They were supposed to circle the babies, and Nate's worksheet had every baby animal circled perfectly. When we got home, I told him that I was impressed and proud with how well he did, and he told me "Yeah, all my friends did scribble-scrabbles on theirs."

Joanna has a friend in her class that she also knew at Miss Audrey's preschool. Her dad is deployed right now, too, and her mom works in the mornings, so I told her that Jocelyn could come over in the mornings and I would take her to school with us. She's a really nice little girl, and I'm happy to do her mom a favor, but let me tell you...5:00 a.m. comes really early! I actually am glad to have a reason to get up and motivated so early. This way there's no rushing around at 7:40 when it's time to leave for school.
Here are some pictures of Nate's first day of preschool:

Jocelyn, Joanna and Nate Lookin good, Nate!
At Miss Toni's house!
Playdoh at school?? This is my kind of place!

While the kids were in school, I took the opportunity to go work out at the gym. I had some fellow CG girls with me and we had lots of fun (well, "fun" is a relative term, I guess. I had as much fun as one can have at the gym)! My arms are sore this morning, though. I'm going again tomorrow. I'm going to make it a M-W-F morning thing.

After the kids got home from school, I took Joanna into town to try out for a production of "Annie" that the local theater group is putting on. I was nervous, and I almost didn't even take her (I know, poopy of me) because I have just been feeling so anxious about all the new schedule changes we've had. I didn't (well, I still don't) know if I have it in me to add play rehearsals into the mix several times a week! Anyway, she really wanted to try out, so I figured what the heck. I took her and...WOW! She did AWESOME!!! I am so proud of her!! They got up on stage and learned a little dance routine, and when she came back to sit down before her turn to actually try out, she looked a little pale and had her arms crossed. I told her that she didn't have to do this, and this was suppposed to be a fun thing and that I wouldn't be disappointed or upset if she didn't want to do it. She assured me that she was ready and wanted to do it, so when her name was called to go up, she went. She was the littlest one on stage! They tried out in groups of six, and I forget sometimes how small she really is...she's a peanut next to 3rd and 4th graders! Anyway, she NAILED this audition, let me tell you. She sang every note on tune, she danced her little heart out, and she cracked up the audience when she yelled "I LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN!!" with her cute little sassy face (can you picture it??). I was so proud of her...I couldn't stop smiling for an hour after we left. Even if she doesn't get a part, I am just so proud that she had the guts to get up there and sing and dance in front of total strangers. What a kid. :) Actually, I should say what kidS. With Nate's perfectly circled baby animals and Joanna's attempt at the stage, I am just as proud as a mother hen could possibly be. :)

No comments: